Mike Pence Said 7 Words That Disqualify Him from Holding Office: Kirschner

Former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner has suggested that former Vice President Mike Pence‘s recent words about testifying to the House January 6 Committee would “disqualify” him from holding public office again.

“The seven words that Mike Pence recently uttered that I contend disqualify him from ever holding public office again,” Kirschner said during a brief video he posted on Twitter.

Earlier this month, Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan asked Pence whether he would be willing to answer questions about the events related to January 6, 2021 before Congress.

“Congress has no right to my testimony,” he responded. “We have a separation of powers under the Constitution of the United States. And I believe it would establish a terrible precedent for the Congress to summon a vice president of the United States to speak about deliberations that took place at the White House.”

Mike Pence Said '7 Words' that Disqualify-him
Above, former Vice President Mike Pence speaks to guests at the Republican Jewish Coalition Annual Leadership Meeting on November 18 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner on Thursday suggested that former vice president Mike Pence’s recent words about testifying to the House January 6 Committee would ‘disqualify’ him from holding public office again.
Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images

Pence allegedly faced pressure from Trump and his former officials to not certify a Joe Biden victory in the 2020 presidential election. Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building in an attempt to overturn election results at the time.

Kirschner continued to explain the meanings behind Pence’s words and their impact on his potential future candidacy.

“Let’s be clear, by extension Mike Pence is saying ‘the American people have no right to my relevant testimony as Congress goes about trying to craft laws to keep this from ever happening again,'” Kirschner said.

During the Face the Nation interview, Brennan asked the former vice president whether or not he is “closing the door” on testifying before the January 6 panel, to which he responded: “I am closing the door on that, and… but I must say, again, the partisan nature of the January 6 Committee has been a disappointment to me.

Though Pence has not officially announced that he will run for president in 2024, he has previously hinted at it. During an interview with ABC News’ David Muir, Pence said that he and his family were giving “prayerful consideration” to take part in the presidential race.

He also added that there are “better choices” than former President Donald Trump for the GOP nomination in 2024. In late September, Pence hinted that he might launch a 2024 bid for the White House when he told reporters at the 15th annual Kaufmann Family Harvest Dinner in Wilton, Iowa that he is thinking of the next steps in his political career.

welcome to your health-fighters.us

Leave a Comment