The January transfer window may be closed around Europe, but teams are looking ahead to the summer and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Bayern could set up Tuchel-Mount reunion
Bayern Munich are considering a swoop for Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount, reports The Times.
The Bundesliga club are reported to be keeping a close eye on the 24-year-old’s situation at Stamford Bridge, with hopes of being able to land him if the Blues fail to secure him to a contract extension.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga & more (U.S.)
– Read on ESPN+: Why Bayern Munich fired their coach
Mount will enter the final year of his deal in June, and with former Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel now in the dugout at Bayern, the Allianz Arena hierarchy would be willing to help set up a reunion.
Chelsea would still demand a transfer fee of £50 million despite Mount’s contract winding down in 12 months, with England international deemed to be a key player for Graham Potter’s side.
Mount has contributed five goals in 23 Premier League appearances this season and has previously been linked with Liverpool.
11.03 BST: Barcelona have a verbal agreement in place to sign Inigo Martinez in the summer and are pressing on with negotiations to bring in Ilkay Gundogan, sources have told ESPN.
Both moves are dependent on Barca reducing their wage bill, though, with the Catalan club expected to be in excess of their LaLiga-imposed spending limit next season.
LaLiga president Javier Tebas has said they will need to reduce more than €150m from their outgoings, with the Spanish league preventing them from registering midfielder Gavi‘s new contract until their financial situation improves.
Barca, meanwhile, are moving ahead with plans to strengthen and are targeting Athletic Club defender Martinez and Manchester City midfielder Gundogan, who are both out of contract in June.
10.43 BST: Real Betis are in advanced talks to bring back Hector Bellerin to the club, according to Marca.
Bellerin has not signed a contract extension with Sporting CP, with his current deal ending this summer. The Spanish right-back enjoyed a successful 2021-22 season on loan at Betis from Arsenal and is keen to return to Seville.Betis have already held talks with Bellerin’s entourage for the player to join the club this summer.
Bellerin, 28, joined Sporting in a €1m transfer from Barcelona in January and has made four league appearances for the Portuguese outfit.
10.17 BST: Paris Saint-Germain are closely monitoring Roberto Mancini‘s situation with the Italy national team, La Repubblica newspaper reports.
Mancini, 58, has been at the helm of the Azzurri since 2018 and is under contract with Italy’s FA through July 2026. But amid speculation that Mancini could leave the national team this summer, PSG are reportedly considering the former Manchester City coach as a candidate to replace Christophe Galtier.
Galtier could be dismissed by PSG at the end of the season after the club’s round-of-16 exit from the Champions League.
09.50 BST: Ansu Fati‘s father says he is furious at this son’s lack of minutes at Barcelona this season and that he would be open to a move away from the Catalan club.
Ansu, 20, has made 38 appearances in all competitions under coach Xavi Hernandez, but 27 of them have come as a substitute.
Bori Fati — who manages his son’s career alongside agent Jorge Mendes — insists Ansu deserves more minutes and has pledged not to return to Camp Nou to watch a match until the situation changes.
“If it was up to me, I would take him [to another team] but [Ansu] wants to stay at Barcelona,” Bori told Cope on Tuesday. “He does not want to sign for another club, but I want to see him succeed. As a dad, I am angry. Seeing Ansu play so little winds you up a little bit and sometimes I think as a father, not a coach.”
Ansu broke into the Barca team at the age of 16, breaking appearance and goal scoring records in LaLiga and the Champions League, but a series of unfortunate injuries saw him miss most of the previous two campaigns. However, he has remained fit throughout the current season, with Bori stressing that he is “more explosive than ever” when confident and just lacking rhythm and games.
The situation led to Bori calling a meeting with Barca sporting director Mateu Alemany and Ansu’s agent Mendes this week.
“I called Mateu,” he added when asked who set the summit up. “He told us that Ansu is part of the club’s heritage and they have bet big on him. As a dad, I think differently, maybe I am wrong. He is your franchise player, the No.10, he took [that number] on when no one was ready to take it from [Lionel] Messi.
“What annoys me is how they’re treating him in terms of minutes. One minute, two, three… I am not asking for him to be a starter whatever, because all the forwards at the club are phenomenonal, but we are talking about Ansu Fati, of Spain and Barcelona, who came through La Masia… if you don’t give him [a chance], who will you?
“If it carries on like this, I will go [back] to [the family home in] Seville and that’s that. I didn’t go to the game against [Real] Madrid. I won’t go to the stadium anymore. The other day Ansu asked me why I didn’t go, he thought I was there. I told him I didn’t fancy it.”
09.11 BST: Manchester United are not yet close to agreeing a new contract with Marcus Rashford, according to The Athletic.
Rashford has been rejuvenated this season, scoring 27 goals in 44 appearances across all competitions — the best goals return of his career with two months still to go.
United have already triggered a one-year extension, keeping him at the club until the summer of 2024. The Red Devils now need to agree a longer deal to secure his future and initial discussions have been held.
Paris Saint-Germain have previously been linked with the 25-year-old, but an exit seems unlikely with United’s future far brighter under coach Erik ten Hag.
David de Gea‘s future is more pressing, with his deal expiring in three months. United have decided against activating the one-year extension in his contract as they are not willing to do so at his current £375,000-a-week salary. The club want to agree a fresh deal on a lower wage.
08.30 BST: Sport1 in Germany reports that Arsenal are keeping tabs on Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Jesper Lindstrom.
Lindstrom, 23, has nine senior international caps for Denmark and could be available for a transfer fee of €30m.
The former Brondby player is looking for a new challenge after three years in the Bundesliga, and the report says that his club will not stand in his way if his valuation is met.
Four clubs have been in contact with Frankfurt, with Arsenal the leading contenders. Fellow Premier League outfit Brentford could be rivals for his signature
Did Gio Reyna make a statement during the Nations League window?
Herculez Gomez debates whether Gio Reyna made a positive return to action for the USMNT.
– A bid of €100m to sign RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol would be rejected this summer, according to Sky Sports Deutschland’s Florian Plettenberg. The 21-year-old Croatia international has been linked with a number of sides across Europe, but it looks as though the club’s hierarchy remain intent on keeping him at the Red Bull Arena for at least another season.
– Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is attracting interest from Barcelona and one other club, reveals Fabrizio Romano. Man City are reported to be waiting on the 32-year-old’s decision, with his contract expiring in the summer, but he is taking time over his decision with belief that he would commit the final years of his career if he was to sign a new deal at the Etihad Stadium.
– Barcelona are assessing the idea of re-signing Chelsea forward Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang on a one-season loan, reports Sport. The 33-year-old is determined to make the switch back to Camp Nou and is willing to accept a lower salary as the financially stricken Blaugrana look to find ways to reinforce their squad with free transfers and loan deals.
– Internazionale are set to switch their attention to signing centre-back Alessandro Bastoni to a new contract, reports Calciomercato. The 23-year-old has been a key player for the Serie A side this season, but with his terms entering the final 12 months in the summer, the Nerazzurri are hopeful of reaching an agreement over a new long-term deal.
– Villarreal won’t be able to keep centre-back Pau Torres if they don’t secure Champions League football next season, writes Relevo. The club are in sixth place and seven points behind fourth with 12 games to go in LaLiga.
welcome to News for health-fighters.us