Wondering if your iPhone is still capable of running for another year or if you should update now? Here are 5 signs.
Is your iPhone well past its use-by date or can you make it last a year longer, or more? Surely, you must be eyeing the iPhone 14, iPhone 13, iPhone 12, even iPhone 11. And now they have seen massive price drops too. If you are thinking about upgrading your smartphone to the one with better features at an affordable price, then there are certain things you should note. Most importantly, is it the right time to say farewell to your trusty old iPhone? Generally, iPhones receive software updates up to 5 years, but there is a possibility that may not be the case with your iPhone. So, how you will know if it’s time for an upgrade or your iPhone is still eligible for an update to the latest iOS 16. Find out here.
5 signs that say you should upgrade your iPhone NOW
- First, find your iPhone model name and number. Just follow Settings > General > About and know the details.
- Now check for the list of eligible devices supported by the latest iOS 16 via this link. If your iPhone model is available in the list that means it is compatible with iOS 16.
- In case it is still running on iOS 15 or older version, try updating your iPhone if there is a new version of iOS available. How to do it? Open the Settings, go to General and tap on the Software update.
- Else, if you see no update is available then you’re running a version of iOS that means your phone doesn’t qualify for updates.
- However, keep looking out for the latest updates of security.
No updates? Should you buy new iPhone
It’s completely your choice! In case you are willing to experience the latest tech, then you can consider buying the latest iPhone 14, or even the older iPhone models will work. But if you want to stay with your current iPhone, then don’t be afraid to keep using it for a year longer as the 2023 iPhone 15 promises to be a game-changer. However, if your iPhone no longer receives security updates, you could be more vulnerable to attacks, hence in that case, you should upgrade your iPhone now.